£275 including training pack.
Stafford Coastal Cruising Club is an RYA Accredited Training Centre and over the years has trained and qualified many members (and non members) as Day Skippers (shorebased).
A new Course is being planned to start in November 2019 so that skippers may gain their shorebased qualification over the Winter months.
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
SCCC Members normally enjoy a discount on the Course fees.
To find out more or to register interest in joining the Day Skipper course please contact our Training Centre Principal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 07817 122491.
More general enquiries about club membership should be directed via the ‘contact us’ facility on the Club website at www.staffordcoastalcruising.org
Day Skipper Application Form – Click to download
Please complete and return to email@example.com
RYA Day Skipper Course 2019/20 – Click to download
Week by week study guide – 3 hours per week