Stafford Coast Cruising Club is an RYA Accredited Training Centre and over the years has trained and qualified many members (and non members) as Day Skippers (shorebased).
A new Course is being planned to start in November 2019 so that skippers may gain their shorebased qualification over the Winter months.
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
SCCC Members normally enjoy a discount on the Course fees.
To find out more or to register interest in joining the Day Skipper course please contact our Training Centre Principal by emailing email@example.com or phoning 07817 122491.
More general enquiries about club membership should be directed via the ‘contact us’ facility on the Club website at www.staffordcoastalcruising.org